Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day Two: What I typically eat in a day

I wanted to do a "before" post to show what we typically eat in a day. I try to eat gluten-free and high protein but I haven't
adopted vegan yet. We haven't don't a vegan grocery shop yet so I'm still in a research mode not quite in in a practice mode. Daniel is already trying to make vegan choices as often as he can.

So here is what I ate today:

Breakfast- Luna Protein Bar
These are high in protein and gluten free but they contain whey protein so they are not vegan. These were one of my staples during my last pregnancy. 


I'm also drinking a cup of Twinings Ear Gray decaffinated tea. I used to enjoy this with sugar & milk but I have taught myself to enjoy it without either (fewer calories) I'm taking a break from coffee right now, trying to see if that affects Grayson's sleep at all. Sometimes my coffee drinking can get out of control and taking a break for a bit helps me get myself under control again and become moderate with my coffee consumption.

My kids usually eat cereal (like Honey Nut Cheerios, radon bran, or captain crunch) & milk or PB&J sandwich, oatmeal or eggs. This morning Eli is having a Nutella sandwich for breakfast (he only ate half) and a glass of vanilla almond milk. Considering he was asking for frosted animal crackers I'm going to call this one a win.

Snack Time - yogurt


Eli is eating a tube of gogurt (yogurt in a squeeze tube) & I'm drinking another cup of tea.

Lunch - Turkey, protein cookie & OJ

For lunch I'm eating a couple turkey roll-ups (turkey, ham & sliced cheese all rolled up) an oatmeal raisin high-protein cookie (non-vegan) and a glass of OJ. I'd rather be eating an apple but we forgot to buy more apples the last time Daniel went grocery shopping so we're all out.

Snack - animal crackers & protein cookies
I ate a cookie and had a glass of milk (regular whole) and Eli had some animal crackers. I meant to eat my Greek yogurt but the cookies won. This particular batch isn't the most amazing but it's full of good stuff. Hopefully my next batch will turn out better.

Dinner -  chili + mac
Chili for dinner, plus some leftover mac & cheese. The pot on the back is vegan chili for Daniel. This chili had diced tomatoes, corn, black beans & a can of prepared chili (which contains meat). I recorded another video today - which was fun. Hopefully this one is better that yesterdays. In this video I just kinda talk about when we told the kids about transitioning our diet and a few thoughts about how this is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment